Trident Sports is proud to represent brands that are doing their part for the environment, from the factory, to packaging to offsets and social media campaigns. Now more then ever, the choices we make as consumers are impactful. Times are changing and wasteful, harming products are a way of the past. By choosing brands like Starboard, Airush and Rayvolt, you are not only getting the latest in design and tech but you can feel good about supporting brands that give back to the planet.
- The (Starboard SUP, wind, paddles and Airush boards) packages products in cardboard instead of plastic whenever possible – and when plastic is needed, the wraps are made of recycled material. Cobra has ambitious energy reduction strategies and targets. They reduced 2.6 million kWh between 2015 and 2016. (This was accomplished through installing energy saving LED lights, an inverter to control peak-hour electricity consumption, and a cooling system to control heat, in addition to reducing the size of machines and pumps in order to consume less energy, use of biofuel, and more.) Cobra’s waste reduction and management processes are also effective, and still improving. Toxic waste like EPS is collected and managed by third party waste specialists. Reusable and recyclable waste from production is reused in the company or goes to a third-party recycler. Recycle and landfill stations are present around the campus for non-toxic waste. Cobra has put great effort into creating green space for employees and planting tree’s around the property.
- Starboard and Rayvolt HQ’s both utilize solar panels to create solar energy for operations. Rayvolt HQ operates 100% off of solar power, and Starboard at 70%.
- Single use cups are taboo at both Starboard and Trident Sports HQ. Trident Staff using single use cups pay a $.25 levy to a charitable fund.
- Starboard utilizes offsets to remain net positive on consumption, for Carbon, Starboard calculated and publish our carbon footprint . Starboard offsets their carbon footprint and go carbon net positive by investing in planting mangroves in the Thor Heyerdahl Climate Park in Myanmar. For every board purchased, a mangrove is planted in the park, making all board purchases carbon neutral. Plastic footprinting and offsetting is also calculated to determine our impact on the plastic economy. Starboard took the leap to internally price our plastic usage based on lifespan, waste amount, and toxicity of the plastics used. The funds from the internal price goes to help incentivize beach cleanups in Pattaya – the Thai beach city where Starboards are tested.
- We work with organizations like Parley for the Oceans, Watertrek, Bye Bye Plastic Bags, 5 Gyres and Ganges SUP to bring eco-advocacy to paddlers, windsurfers, and ocean enthusiasts worldwide.
- Rayvolt E Bike operates at 93% efficiency, opposed to 25% for a regular combustion engine. The bike runs 100% clean as there are 0 emissions and is run off lithium which is a 100% recyclable.