Trident Sports in North Vancouver, BC is hiring a Full-Time Sales Rep
Trident Sports began with two guys who were passionate about the adventure sports industry and committed to having fun. What started as a small distribution center for windsurf gear quickly grew to serve the North American market with the best SUP, kiteboard, windsurf, surf and e-bike products. We have waterfront office/warehouse location in North Vancouver and we are a passionate team of adventure enthusiasts with a mandate of providing high performance, epic experiences for all who share a love for action sports.
- Individuals who will succeed in this position:
- Sales-Savvy, with relevant sales experience
- Driven and results/goal oriented
- Budget management experience, analytical skills, strong business judgment.
- Customer focused, experienced/comfortable/proficient in Customer Service
- Demonstrate and advocate respect, integrity and ethical behavior;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and external partners, but can also act independently to make decisions that align with Corporate Values and Objectives;
- Excellent relationship building and follow-up skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Hold a valid passport, and are able to travel within Canada and Internationally up to 20% per year
This position is primarily in-house and reports directly to the North American Sales Manager. Trident Performance Sports is a fast-paced organization that seeks an individual with an entrepreneurial attitude, who is self-motivated and interested in exceeding expectations.
We are looking for an experienced sales rep to grow sales throughout North America. This successful candidate will be responsible for establishing relationships with existing customers, identifying new opportunities, and following up on potential leads. This sales rep will aggressively pursue the Stand Up Paddleboard and e-bike market. Duties include professional product offerings and industry leading customer service, positioning Trident as the industry’s preferred supplier.
The ideal candidate embraces a healthy, active lifestyle and has a keen interest in watersports and bikes. You are a naturally outgoing, organised and thoughtful person who is not inhibited by roadblocks or challenging situations.
- Utilize all available resources to engage prospects and convert customers.
- Analyze the territory’s potential, track sales and run reports
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for
new products and services
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets, objectives and outcomes within schedule
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- 3+ years of experience as an Inside or Outside Sales Representative, Territory Manager, or Product Manager
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales and long-term relationship building
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office with specific competence in Excel
- Punctual, reliable and willing to put the time in to get the job done
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with CRM practices an asset
- Experience in Wholesale Distribution is an asset but not a requirement
- Valid Drivers Licence
- Valid Passport and ability to travel to the USA
- Job Type: Full-time (40 hrs/week)
- M-F, 8:30-5:00 *Some weekends and evenings may be required, and some flexibility on hours.
- College or University Diploma is an asset but not a requirement
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter explaining why you should be the next member of our team!!